Open the door and step back in time to learn about each of the buildings on our downtown tour. Discover the original purpose of each building and see how these remarkable buildings have been adapted and re-purposed for a modern time. Explore hidden and unseen historic, architectural and cultural gems across the state and in Downtown La Crosse!
This is a free event to the public.
Self Guided Open House Tours from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm*
- Powell Place, 200 Main Street (Powell Place Shops) 1872
- Batavian Building, 319 Main Street (Batavian Offices) 1887
- Tillman Brothers Block, 116 4th Street S. (Leithold Music) 1889
- Gund Building, 327 Pearl Street (Jules/Pearl Street Books) 1885
- Peter Newburg Building, 326 Pearl Street (Currently Vacant) 1890
- John Rehfuss Building, 414 Main Street (The Wedding Tree) 1894*
- Mons Anderson House, 410 Cass Street (Le Chateau) 1854, 1878**
- Pioneer Foundry Building, 501 Front Street S. (Piggy’s) 1871.
*Construction note: Cass street is closed from 7th to 4th. Entry to Le Chateau is from the south off of Cameron Street. Parking lot to the East of the building. Some accessibility off of 4th into Cass for a 1/2 block to enter the parking lot.
*This location is open from 10:00 am – 1:00 pm due to another scheduled event conflict
Historical Walking Tour 11:00 am – 12:00 noon
Barbara Kooiman – Architectural Historian
Join Barb on a walking tour where she will highlight the history, the architecture, and current movements happening in downtown La Crosse in the core of the National Register of Historic Places district. Meet at the corner of Second and Main Street at 11:00 am.